Today was supposed to be an update about my almost finished book. It is waiting to be proof read by one of my bodyguards, John Davis, who inexplicably chose to get married last week.
Never mind. In the meantime, here are the top ten funniest things invented by man.
1. When Monty Python were required to produce an album for their record company, they chose to call it "Monty Python´s Contractual Obligation Album".
2. The UK´s Viz magazine. Here is a recent letter:
"If the failed 21/7 bombers had just waited three more days, we´d all be calling them the 24/7 bombers. This would imply that they blow things up all day every day and, despite their actual lack of success, make them at least sound like they were good at bombing.
Christina Martin, London".
3. This 30 second clip from Family Guy, the Mad Horse.
That will probably be gone soon due to "copyright infringement". Twats.
4. This 3 minute clip, again from Family Guy. the Bin Laden tape.
5. Here is another brilliant Bin Laden clip, probably from someone like Armando Iannucci.
10. Charlie Brooker, Chris Morris & Victor Lewis Smith.
Rumour has it that these three people are in fact only one person. Have you ever seen them in the same place at the same time? Check out "Screenwipe", "Brass Eye", "TV Offal" and while you´re at it, Harry Hill´s TV Burp on youtube. (Incidentally, Brooker is the same age as I am, but he looks much older. He also appears to be fatter.)
Oh yes, and Bob Mills. His complete works, Medinner, is available on youtube.
It goes to show that television is only entertaining when it is mercilessly lampooning itself.
So much for my list of ten things. If anyone thinks that there is something else amusing on this godforsaken planet, leave a comment and I´ll edit it in.